Competition rules and regulations
1. A cocktails shouldn’t contain more than 1 unit of alcohol (12.5 ml/0,42 oz). To calculate how much alcohol the cocktail contains use the following formula: alcohol percentage of the beverage x quantity in ml / 1250 = 1 unit. You can also use the calculator on the oneUNIT-website to calculate the amount of alcohol in units.
2. The deadline for entering the competition is 11th October 2019. Send your entry to www.oneunit.nl/competition/
3. The recipe for the submitted cocktail has to put in a form before November 20, which can also be found on www.oneunit.nl/competition/
4. Submission should be accompanied by an Instagram post about the recipe, preparation process and the end result. With these posts the hashtag #oneUNIT should be mentioned. Make sure that the account which is used for these posts is not set on private, but is available for everyone.
5. Brands are not allowed to be visible on photos posted on Instagram.
6. Due to privacy legislation other people besides the bartender are not allowed to be in the photos.
7. Submission of photos and recipes means that the entrant agrees to publish (parts of) the submission via communication channels of SpiritsNL and NBC.
8. The submitted recipe may not contain more than 5 ingredients, of which no more than one ingredient is homemade.
9. Non branded: What type / category of alcohol is used in the cocktail must be mentioned. The mentioning of the brand of drink is allowed of course, but will not play a role in the assessment.
10. The submitter has to be an actively working as a bartender and / or has to have work experience as a bartender.
11. The submitter must be 21 years of age or older.
12. The winner will receive a PR prize consisting of media attention for him or her, for his or her cocktail and for the bar where the winner works.
13. The jury that assesses the entries consists of Misja Vorstermans, Tess Posthumus, Daryl Lieuw-On and Lennart Deddens.
oneUNIT Is een initiatief van SpiritsNL en de Nederlandse Bartenders Club.